Wednesday, February 08, 2012

I am still too committed

Today was the release of Naruto chapter 573 on Mangastream (go check it out for all your manga streaming needs). It has been give or take five or some odd years since I began this journey with Masashi Kishimoto about a boy in an orange jumpsuit determined to be the best Hokage the village of Konohagakure has ever seen. Ironic no that his father was the best and now he wants to usurp that position of higher power?

Five (or some odd) years later, I am still as giddy as an avid beginning fan girl flailing her arms and having her eyes bulge out at the announcement of a new chapter. My friend in class saw me have my little fan girl moment. I had to explain my little squeak that escaped my larynx.

Needless to say I was not as embarrassed as I should have been.

And for good reason. I have followed this anime/manga since its infancy; when Masashi took the risk of pairing a hyperactive ninja, a brooding emo, and a pink haired lovesick girl into what has been infamously known as Team 7. I love them still and even though I do not watch the anime fillers (because they are and forever will be a waste of time you will never get back), I am completely devoted to the manga.

And, I assume that the manga is coming to a close (573 chapters, really? Even Bleach doesn't have that much although it is getting there), I will not be sad. Everything eventually has to come to an end. I will be in a way relieved because I finally will know if Sasuke will go back to the village or if he will die. If Naruto will die or become Hokage and live happily ever after with Hinata. If Sakura will be the next Tsunade (minus the rack; that award goes to Hinata or Ino) and be able to rehabilitate Sasuke. And of course I want know about the rest of the characters and their fates as well. As intriguing as the story arc is getting, I don't mind reaching the end, because of how long I have been waiting.

In truth, one more kick ass fight, tears of appreciation towards Kishimoto's genius of inventing such a world, and I'll take up the rest of my time maybe watching the fillers.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment