Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Headaches

I thought that my headache would go away if I ate a banana. It didn't.

I thought it would go away if I drank some water. It didn't.

I thought it would go away if I stepped outside. It didn't.

I thought it would go away if I wrote about it. It's not.

I believe that it was the coffee that I decided to drink today. Instead of the green tea that was being offered. Now, in retrospect, I regret not taking a green tea to pour into the hot water I could have gotten from my work place.

I just knew that it started to hurt (my head did) while I was drinking the last bit of coffee that was staining the white mug I brought to school today. Upon the first sip I thought it was too strong and needed a little sugar. But, being that I am a lazy at heart I just gulped it down in that bitter fashion. Bitter gulp after gulp.

Now, my head is spiraling out of control. There are these little instances it hits me like a boxer hits a punching bag, and I am that said punching bag. Other times, I am mellowed and calmly relaxed.

I feel my muscles tensing from time to time, and it feels like my fingers are developing a mind of their own because they are typing too fast for me to even begin establishing comprehensible thoughts. But, they also are beginning to write with errors so I still need to go back and correct their error in spelling.

I went outside and stayed on the steps and let the sun soak in my sweater. It's too cold in my work place, so that was a nice change. The dark navy sweater warmed my back up a ton, but it still didn't dissuade the headache from leaving me completely.

As I stayed in that spot letting the Vitamin D work its way into my skin, I noticed a bumble bee. Not a wasp, because they look orange and yellow. This was a bumble bee because it was fuzzy (I was that close to it), it was black and it was yellow.

My first instinct was to kill it if it came too close. And by close I mean a foot between my sandal and it. But it didn't, luckily, or else I would be wanted for murder in the first degree. I was just awaiting the subpoena papers that were going to present itself in a buggy fashion. Or would it be an insectly fashion?

The bee was rotating within itself; it didn't move from the step it seemed to have been stuck on. I just casually thought, 'just fly away bee. Why don't you fly away?'

I didn't give it much thought that it could have been hurt, its wings were damaged, or it was drunk and didn't know the way home. Maybe he had an abusive queen bee in the hive and he was not looking forward to returning. Maybe he was drunk off his honey nectar that he collected that day as he was pollinating the rest of the flowers.

Or maybe, and this thought I believed most to be true, was that it had a searing headache from drinking too much bitter coffee.

I knew exactly how it felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment