Thursday, October 27, 2011

I believe this to be true.

If you have an ounce of confidence, you can do anything. I just finished typing up a book report without reading a book. I just browsed through people's review pages and whatnot. Trust me, if there was a wiki page that would have been the first that I would have searched and scratched.
I wish I would have had time to read it though. In the reviews they talk about the fascination of the south and how Campbell (the author) and his brother Joe are trying to make a living after the war breaking out and just overcoming the Great Depression. I'm never going to deny a book that it is good without actually reading them (Do not get me started on those Twilight books).
I think it must have been fascinating to go through the ups and down the reviews say that Will and Joe underwent. And maybe when it's vacation time I will grab the urge to read it. But, what I was trying to get to is, be confident in writing. I have to much of it thanks to the primping of the writing classes that they have here at school. But I have to say, I no longer use words like probably, kind of, supposedly, and more than anything ALMOST, unless I must.
You have no idea the strength that can come from a person's mouth (or from a mind if you are not speaking) that can demonstrate the ability of being superior in writing just by eliminating simple and unecessary words.
Okay, that's enough of that. Time to edit that book report.

No comments:

Post a Comment