Monday, November 01, 2010

Pride

If there is one thing I can be proud of, it would be the fact that I just overcame an obstacle of epic proportions. That's right, Biology.
I was never the sharpest tool when it came to such a subject, but I needed to apply myself or else face another failing exam. I couldn't have that on my conscience.
So, after a fun night out of trick or treating, I applied myself, reading my biology notes, memorizing formulas, terms, and numbers of ATPs. It was a tiring night, but I memorized enough for a good night's sleep.
The following morning (which was today in the morning), I arose, fresh faced and ready to continue my studying streak, jotting down quick notes to further enhance my memory about it. Breaking a sweat did not come as easily as expected. I managed to drive with precision as I swerved from lane to lane to arrive around ten minutes early to have a quick cramming session.
Then when the test was placed on my short desk handle (because I'm gonna be honest. That is not a desk. Not even close. It's just a stupid handle that cant even hold a full spiral notebook.), I recognized the questions and answered with terms that I didn't even recognize. My hand had a mind of it's own as it wrote down the formulas, the terms. And when I reached the question that demanded the citric acid cycle I wanted to punch that professor in the face. He told us not to worry about the citric acid cycle!
To say that my confidence felt shattered was an understatement. I wanted to just throw in the towel right then and there. But then something happened. I continued answering other questions that I knew about, reading one after another that demanded. I supplied.
In closing, I picked up my test, more than half of the questions answered and bid that place that is known as Cossentine Hall room 100 adieu.
My held was higher than a giraffe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment