Sunday, October 28, 2012

Taking notes... A TON of notes.

Oh man, this week was he rice the whole way through. I was happy to embrace the weekend, only to have it literally rain on my parade.

So far the children are sweet but it takes them a while to learn and ease up to me. The babies especially.

The babies are adorable! They have cute little faces, cute little eyes, chubby little cheeks, adorable little outfits, everyone is adorable!

I think I will have a hard first couple of classes. I just have to know how to manage my time, how to have students speak up, and especially, how to properly lesson plan a class.

So now that talking about work tomorrow, I'll go into my day yesterday!

It was my first day off after working a whole week straight along side my NET trainer, so what I wanted to do was head out and explore the city on my new bike that my NET left me. As cliche as it will sound, I pulled open the blinds that morning and saw cloudy skies and wet roofs. It was raining.

That didn't really deter me from going on and exploring. I took out the bike from the bike rack and departed.

As I was biking I wasn't hit with any serious gusts of wind, or any splashes of water into my face. It wasn't until I traveled close to the school that it was getting ready to pour.

I stopped by a stationary store and bought me some little trinkets to get me through the year, and then walked outside to a downpour. My bike was getting soaked like crazy! And if it wasn't for my waterproof trench coat, I would have been as soaked as my bike.

And let me say for the record, it is hard to bike with one hand while you hold up an umbrella with the other.

I needed groceries as well, so I dropped by the Cibico, all the while not realizing that it was going to get worse as far as raining goes. The rain got a lot worse after I left the grocery store.

Once I arrived, so did my fellow new NET, his name is Fred. It was nice to meet a new arrival, and I hope to have a good working situation as well as a good friendship. God knows I can use a friend.

Yesterday was also my NET's last day in Okazaki, so to celebrate a bunch of amity and aeon NET teachers were going to meet up in the big city of Nagoya. I was excited to see and meet new people, and it was great to be reunited with Mark! We talked about work, our first few days, our apartment, and everything in between. It was great seeing an old face and so much fun to meet new ones!

Chicken wings here are incredible! Not as good as the ones at home, but still in its entirety, they were good enough for me, and I don't even like bone wings or traditional as they like to say.

Saying goodbye made me realize that my NETs kids, were now mine. And I had to figure out how to make it work, as Tim Gunn would say.

I will make it work as smoothly as I can. That was my promise, to care for my NET's kids. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment