Monday, August 13, 2012

No trouble seemed too far away...

I was expecting to blog today about the awesome times that I spent with my sister in Palm Springs. How we ate at Joe's sushi because I haven't eaten any sushi in a while, and just laugh and giggle as the sun would radiate our skin to an even darker brown. We would walk five paces in desperate need of shade, knowing that it would not help at all, because the heat is hiding in the shadows. And melting off my foundation and liquid black eyeliner.

Instead, I was given a simple excuse, followed by a metaphorical boot out of Palm Springs due to neglect.

Not saying that this was my sister's fault. But I won't take the blame for it either.

Is it safe to say that I just felt brushed off? Abandoned? Deserted?

There is a word that I am missing from the databank of the thesaurus. Sadly, at the present moment, I cannot define it.

Maybe empty.

Yeah, empty. And indifferent towards her indifference.

No comments:

Post a Comment