Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Babies

I found out yesterday morning that my sister may be pregnant. I found out later in the day yesterday that she is five weeks pregnant and will be having the baby in March. Just in time for spring.
I have always been telling my mom how much we need a baby in the family. The youngest nephew that I have is going into elementary, so all those cute moments are not as cute as they were. (not that I am saying he isn't adorable and I would eat him up if I were cannibalistic. I would). But having a baby with that new baby smell, the dumbfounded eyes when they look at you and ponder who you are. The toothless smiles they sprout in your direction. Drunken and clumsy first steps. First words.
All that I miss about babies. And it's a bittersweet emotion that I feel because I won't be here in march. I'll be in another country.
The only thing that helps me cope is the fact that I'll be surrounded by babies and children where I work. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment