Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thoughts on Japan and Amity

I have weird moments when I like to type something online and looking through threads to have my questions answered. Like when I want to know how to breed some dragons in my Dragonvale app that I have in my iPad, or if I can take my little Roku player overseas (that is, if I get offered the job to work overseas).

Currently, I have refrained from expressing anything to anyone about the Amity Aeon position, except my mother, because she was in the Suzuki when I received the email saying that they are requesting a background check. I can only assume that I am keeping a calm exterior due to the fact if I am denied, I won't take it as hard as the time I was not offered the position for Aeon, their sister school.

But in retrospect, as I am trying time and time again to recount where I went wrong in the Aeon private interview, and where I went right, I see that I did more wrong than right. I stalled, I didn't understand how to properly teach the lesson plan, the answers were wrong, I was gasping and taking time simply because I didn't know how else to continue with the ten minute lesson plan.

In short, I choked because I never had the practice. Sure, I read about it in the forums and what to expect, but I was sweating as much as a horse when I was put on the spot like that.

I felt that with Amity, for the private lesson, I was more prepared. And it wasn't as difficult because I was just teaching simple phrases and animal vocabulary. I thought that I did better, and planning out the lesson plan felt more mature.

The one on one interview also helped me out a lot. And now that they requested the background check, I cannot help but think that this can only be a good sign. Wherever they decide to place me, I already told them that I was an open book and don't have any specific preference, because I have never been to Japan and I know that wherever I go will be a beautiful adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment