Saturday, July 14, 2012

Stiff Upper Lip

I am taking a break on the outside backyard with Pandora playing what is considered to be artists that have the same sounds as The Weeks. It's a band I recently have become too interested in.

I just think the backyard is beautiful, even though there are so many things wrong with it. The weeds are sprouting from the cracks in the concrete. The center of the grass is dead with instances of survival around the edges. The incomplete house my dad started when he was fired- I mean let go.

The lawn mower is resting in the shade the orange tree is supplying. The mango tree is still covered.

Yet the sun is still inviting. It makes me want to stay out here and just remain in the sun even though it burns after a while.

For this instant, it's burning. But I am not bothered by its sting. I am welcoming it.



No comments:

Post a Comment