Monday, July 27, 2009

It's Been A Long Time...

Well for the record, I am not dead, I have simply been away from my house for two whole weeks! I was kidnapped and held against my will by a 10 year old, an 8 year old, and a 1 and eight month old. That's right! Babysitting!
It was not the emotional roller coaster I honestly expected. I really was waiting for the children to just cry and cry and cry until I would snap and drive all the way to New York and fall off the Empire State Building. In the end, I was actually sad to be on my way home.
The only reason that I wanted to leave was for one, the heat. My sister lives in a desert. The Palm Desert. Where all the wind propellers are at and the heat is so unbearable, you can cook outside with no fire needed. Just a stone would be enough to get things heated. And being the "somewhat outdoorsy" type I like going outside from time to time, without the heat slapping me in the face to go back inside. To make it sound worse was that it was even hot at night. So basically it was hot all day and even all night, when there was no sun whatsoever.
The other reason was for my friends. I missed all of them! I missed Sara and her crazy escapades to go everywhere just because we could! I missed Gaby and the gang when we would have our movie nights. Or just when we would hang out. Rosie I miss all the time since she moved away. And Brittany is just down the block from me, but I even missed her!
Well, in retrospect, if my sister needed me to babysit her children again, I would love to, because other than the fact that she had me fed, she gave me shelter, and she took me swimming from time to time, I loved spending the two weeks with my little nephews and neice. We would have our tough times, our good times, and many of our in between times. And it was good experience for me when I think about having kids of my own. Just not right now. REALLY not right now. I don't even know how my sisters do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment