Monday, June 15, 2009

Quiet Summer...

Well I'm basically writing this blog to just reflect on summer, and what I am expecting of it. I like doing reflections so bear with me.
Summer. The hot breeze as it blows in your face. The time of days that instead of being snugged warmly on your bed, your sheets are sticky, and the last thing you want is something warm. But it also comes with greater things. Summer vacation.
Who didn't like counting down the days for summer vacation when you were in high school? I practically had my Calendar marked, ready to purchase semi-expensive ice creams and ice cold drinks. No worries whatsoever except finding things to entertain oneself, whether water balloon fights to just video games inside the air conditioned room.
I love the summer, it gives me excuses for just sitting down and typing words, or going outside and write in my journal. Last year I did just that, and now, well I won't be traveling, which is a bummer after all. But the things that I do look forward this summer is friends, jobs, and writing. I do plan to spend as much of my waking moment with my friends, and hold our friendships strong as the time that we first made it, back in our high school years. I got offered a small job in which I do nothing but write, which is pretty much starting to become a slow addiction. Something about seeing my words fly out of my head and onto the screen brings a sort of happiness. These are words that are used by any race of the population, but they are mine, in the sense that I have combined them to twist in whatever way I see fit. (Sounds a bit posessive I know, but that's the way I often feel.)
I hope that this is not something that will die in me. I want to continue with writing, see where it takes me, as all these ideas are slowly oozing out of my brain and into my blogs. Let's just hope the summer heat actually comes out so I can put to good use my summer dresses... =)

1 comment:

  1. Nice. Try living in the effen desert. . . . My Summer SUCKS !!! But you just keep bragging about how wonderful Summer is and I'll keep leaving little upbeat comments like such. OK, OK

    Ta ta
    Ur big Annoying Sista

    ReplyDelete