Friday, June 05, 2009

A.R.T. (Amazing Realization of Talent!)



Well, I had an art project due on Wednesday and I was struggling on what I should draw or paint or take a picture of, because art is pretty much anything as long as you say "ART!" alongside it. So at first, I wanted to find something to do with the Mona Lisa, seeing how I always loved Da Vinci's work. In the long run, nothing was turning out as good as I hoped and made me look online for other art pieces. I looked at Michaelangelou, Raphael, and tons of other Renaissance men, because they are just boss.

After ten pages on Google and getting ready to close the internet, I stumbled across Edvard Munch and his famous art The Scream. For those of you that don't know who Edvard Munch is, I'm sure you can guess what the art looks like. Well anyways, I read up on him, seeing how what he drew were emotions and the like, The Scream was the epitomy of him having a hard and depressing time. So it got me thinking (big surprise), since I am in one of those kiddy-got-too-much-caffeine-for-just-one-person emotion (which just basically means that I was super hyper) I ended up drawing me (or a closeness of it) smiling happily in the same background of The Scream. It is entitled The Smile (very original I know), because in the picture instead of screaming I am happy and smiling, even thought the background behind me is not as beautiful. It was quite a tough time, because I was looking like crazy for colors to make it seem like it. I personally think I could be the next Edvard Munch! Not really. :)
And in case someone is wondering what the original piece looked like here it is:
Kinda similar don't ya think? Anyways the other reason as to why I left the background the same was due to the fact that even though my day is sad and depressing, it will not define my day. I myself am the only one that will decide if I have a fun night out or if I should just curl up in bed and pull the covers over my head. Well that's all the time I have for today since I have to get ready for school, and decided not to hold this up for much longer. Have a happy day and remember: don't let the day define you, define it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment