Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Student Research Week

Student Research Week is coming up at my school, and my professor chose me (and a handful of others) to present some creative fiction or nonfiction pieces we have done. I offered to represent my humor writing course by presenting my final piece that I submitted at the end of the quarter. It was something that I slaved over and produced ten pages that I was fondly attached to. Imagine my surprise when she said that we have to shrink it to 5 pages. That's half of what I wrote!

I am not afraid of such a challenge, because I feel as though I can tighten my piece. I just feel as though I won't be able to include as much as I initially planned. I loved talking about my family and how their constant strain they put me through when they come over and I have mountains of homework that I have put off until the very last day (kind of like now how I have a Milton piece due and two books and so much work to organize etc).

This is something that I am just adding to the mountain pile. If only I had the heart to get a matchbox and light the sucker with fuel and watch it burn like the Joker. Unfortunately, I care. And this is something that I am looking forward to and hope to leave a dazzling impression on the group of people that go to hear me talk about the horrible virus that is sniffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment