Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I wasn't planning on blogging two posts in one day, but the turn of events and a sudden rejection letter waiting for me at home had me feeling as though I should talk about it right away, unlike how I put off all feelings like I did with my grad school rejection letter. And I have less than five minutes to pour it out so here I go.

I decided to get spruced up for our invited author that we were going to have dinner with tonight so I went home. I got there and my mother told me that I received a letter from AEON, the company that I applied for my job in Japan.

Because it was light weight I automatically assumed that it was a rejection letter, and I wanted to hold off on opening it because of that feeling alone. I decided against that feeling and tore it open to read that I had been rejected.

My feelings about it are abnormal. I want to cry, because this was something that I was passionate about  but at the same time had to face facts that I screwed up in the interview process because I had clouded moments of delaying, which could not have been good. Either way, the other reason that I am not so forlorn is because I have another opportunity to teach with them. And if not them, then wherever in the world will take me.

That is the only way I am able to contain my tears: Keep looking on to the next adventure. If all else fails, I can just come back and work at school while I attend grad school here and get some teaching under my belt.

There are many other places that I can go, I just have to look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment