Monday, March 12, 2012

daylight savings time

I don't know if it was the alarm or the fact that it felt too late that I decided to wake up (by waking up, I mean feeling the soreness of my throat and my clogged nose make me get up due to suffocation) and begin my day. Apparently I was an hour behind everything. Instead of it being 7 in the morning, like I thought it was, it was 8 in the morning like the television, cell phone, and ipod said it was. I didn't hear it from anyone that daylight savings time came yesterday. I was surprised if anything.

Needless to say, instead of spending my time enjoying a cold Kix cereal bowl, still in pajamas as the straightener heated up in the bathroom with the broken toilet, I stripped off the pjs, unplugged the straightener, and grabbed my bag and a fruit to munch on as I drove on the way to school.

I was, and still am, in no good mood. To have the day just pull the rug from underneath you with such a force that you come plummeting face first into the floor was menacingly mean. And I'm sure DST is having a kick at seeing me frustrated and running around in the morning.

I can't wait for it to disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment