Monday, January 05, 2015

possibly signing off?

Not sure how to title this because I am not sure I am ready to leave this project. I mean, I already abandoned it before, but I was always thinking to myself that I would come back to fill in people that want to know about the company that I used to (yes, used to) work for.

I am not a complete full on informative person of the company Amity. I was simply writing about the company from my perspective. And what do I have to say about my company and experience in Japan?

I absolutely loved every second of it.

I am back home and looking for a job and am realizing more and more that I miss it terribly. It was an experience unlike any other. I had my share of experiences throughout my life, but I don't remember anything being as happy and fun and living as that one.

I will say getting the job was not difficult and maintaining it was not difficult either. I had complaints about the hours, but other than that everything was easy as pie. I loved being there and having fun and joking with students and playing with them as well. I couldn't get enough.

If I have no success with my findings back in America, I'll hop back to Japan. A place where I am comfortable, happy and always in search of adventure. I will enjoy having my time on hold in America to spend a few more years in my favorite place.

I always felt that Japan was my second home. I didn't know how true that was until I went.

But now that I am back, I have this to say:

If you are looking for a new experience and like working with children (or know how to work with children) I recommend using Amity as a stepping stone to working at an eikaiwa school. Once you have gained enough experience, change schools and move on to another one, because if there was something, it was schools looking for other teachers that had the experience.

But like I said, that life is over. I have pictures, memories and a ton of toys to prove that it was not a dream. It was real and I lived for two years in a country I have wanted to live when I was about 8 years old.

Japan, I will return. I don't know how long it will take me to return, but I will. I promise.

As for this blog, I don't think I can make the same promise. I don't have the need to type as much about my life because it is a bit boring. Unless something amazing happens I don't see me coming back for much. So if anyone has any questions about amity or the process for the future teachers out there here is my email

kathyz89@gmail.com

Drop me a line. I'll be sure to answer you there.

Until then、
まったね〜  
キャシーちゃん

No comments:

Post a Comment