Friday, January 27, 2012

I am sitting down here at the Starbucks a few minutes down from my school. Normally, I would be home, spending time on the internet in my pajamas and loud noises that comes from my mother and my brother.

That, as you can see is not the case.

But coming to Starbucks had its perps. My friend spotted me a grande caramel frappuccino. I think that's how you spell frappuccino. I know there has to be 2 c's to make the che sound.

I am basically wasting time while my friend is busy applying to Loma Linda, our sister school. I keep constantly asking her what if she doesn't get accepted to the nursing program. What then?

"I haven't really thought about it," she said.

Now, it's not to assume that I don't believe in her getting accepted. I have the belief that if you really have tried your hardest to apply and determination to get in, the chances are more in your favor than those that don't.

It's just I am a person that has that strain of making sure I always have a back up plan with everything.

If I am not accepted to grad school, I'm off to do internships in LA with my sister for experience.

Nobody is hiring? Take a few years working to reapply to grad school.

Still denied? Try to get back into the editing business until I have enough experience to get to New York publishing companies.

Nobody wants me? Teaching credentials and hello high school kids, my name is Ms. Kathy and I will be your English teacher for the school year.

Everything in its own way will have to fill out for our true happiness. Just make sure you have the back up plan to make that possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment