Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh the hard workings just to earn a dollar a day...

Do not get me wrong. I love my job. Switching from being a tutor supervisor to an actual office assistant has to be the best change I have made since the beginning of my senior year.

The ability to actually feel useful (and by useful I mean knowing what I need to do versus trying to go around math problems that I had no clue of solving) puts me into a great mood. It's sort of like when a person finds their calling and all that the body says to you is this is what you have been called to do.

I'm not saying I would like to be an office assistant until I retire. I would much rather call the shots and have people work beneath while I take on more of the responsibility. It just feels right that instead of waiting to feel needed I am actually needed. I am needed to file papers, organize folders, cover the front desk (which I have to say it's not hard unless I get stumped by a question that a caller gives me. Women need to learn to appreciate a desk job in my opinion).

I love my job so far. And I love how it is going to prepare me for what new jobs lie ahead for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment