Tuesday, August 31, 2010

This house is more than a home...

I went to the airport today, but not before I had to take a quick detour to the dentist (which my tooth is still hurting, hoping that these two days aren't painful).
I arrived at 10:00 A.M. on the dot. It wasn't until I was there that I found out I was over an hour early, because my grandfather's flight was not coming until 11:15. Needless to say I walked around, hoping to find food at the terminal.
I ate M&M's and a Coffee Bean caramel ice blended coffee. I intentionally wanted crackers with peanut butter but pushed the wrong buttons, swearing to myself when I realized the decision that I made.
And the coffee was too sweet for my taste. Normally I am a sour loving sport and it felt like they put nothing but sugar in that cup. Let's just say if I was diabetic I would already be in a sugary coma. :(
But I had to do things to occupy my time so that my grandpa can come through that terminal on his wheelchair. I was so happy to see him! Automatically I went by his side and wondered what new adventures I'll take on with him when we get home.
My grandpa normally watches T.V. on a regular basis but on occasion we play dominoes or a card game called Con Quien. It's pretty fun, and it's a game based on strategy.
So it's easy to say, I am no longer alone these summer days. Because now I have my grandfather to keep me constant company. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment