Tuesday, November 10, 2009

They don't dance?!?

Just found out today that Seventh Day Adventists don't dance. I also learned that they don't wear jewelry, can't eat certain spices, must dress appropiately and certainly don't drink alcohol or do drugs.

I can understand the drinking and the drugs, but no dancing or wearing jewelry will be the end of me. Lol I am not trying to bash on anyone. Whatever religion that anyone is is fine with me. I just thought it was interesting to show that originality and difference in cultures can also be expressed in religions as well.

Pastor Sam explained it that the reason they don't dance or wear jewelry is to be different from others. Well since dancing comes from just about any culture, it's explainable. But to never be able to dance or to never be able to wear jewelry must certainly be a challenge for some. I feel naked everytime I forget to wear earrings. Guess to each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment